Wednesday, April 30, 2014

april 30

In class I was again challenged by the design of my project and how I want to print the book out. My goal was to write out as many directions for each meal as possible. I was very satisfied at the end of class when out of the eight I had left I was able to complete five. What helped me along was discovering a structure of how to write everything out. I had a 'What you need' paragraph, a 'directions' paragraph, a 'notes' paragraph' and a 'creator' paragraph. This idea came to me as I was reading one of the 'Food' magazines from the library. I was easily able to figure out what I wanted to put on each page and this consistency helped with the flow and organization of my pages. My work in class left me with the goal of completing the directions for the rest of the meals and figuring out a design for my pages. I was able to finish the rest of my meals with little issue because I had done the proper organization needed to do so. However I did not at all expect the design of my pages to be so diffcult. This took more online research on how to move pictures the way I wanted them to, make words appear where and how I wanted them to and so forth. I watched many tutorials online and after quite a lot of work I was able to design my page. I worked for much much longer than I had anticipated but because I was determined to stay ahead of deadlines I was able to complete my goals. I plan to continue to edit the structure of my pages and be sure to leave time for the finishing touches. I know creating the actual book and printing will take a lot of time so I need to make sure I'm prepared for the extra work.

No comments:

Post a Comment