Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 16


Today I was able to accomplish my out of class goals in my free block. I made the eggs in a basket at breakfast and the J.C.C. sandwich after advisory. I was surprised at how easily it was to make the eggs in a basket; all I had to do was ask Steve. I realize I am going to have to put a picture of him in the book to give him credit. I’m also finding it quite easy to focus on tasks and get them accomplished. I got the idea to also take pictures of all the things I used in each step in order for the meals to be easier to follow in the book. Today in class my goal was to work on my cover for the book. To do this I needed to make a chefs hat. I was able to gather the materials I need to make it. This took me a lot longer than anticipated. I was able to get the construction paper from the arts library, a plastic bag from someone in Spaulding Hall and an apron from the Dining Hall. I realized it’s actually a small hassle not to have these materials yourself. When you have to rely on other people to get things for you it’s a huge time consumer, however this is forcing me to make the most out of the free time I do have. Making food isn’t a hard way to spend my free time because I pretty much do that anyway so there isn’t too much of a conflict. I’m excited to get the meals all created and pictures taken so that I can begin the assembly of the book late next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment