Wednesday, May 14, 2014
May 14
Today in class my goal was to glue the spine of the book onto the pages. This seemed like a small goal when I wrote it down but as with everything els that had to do with arts and crafts it was a complicated task for me. I needed to be accurate with the measurement of the spine because too big of a spine and the book wouldn't shut, too small and it wouldn't be solid enough to hold the book together. I ran into trouble finding the material but after some searching I found that the binding of a three ring binder worked well. I went slow when cutting and sizing the binding for the book so as not too ruin all that I did. After finally getting the proper size I set it aside for out of class work. Out of class I wanted to glue down the spine and pages into the actual had cover book. This processes was stressful because it was all or nothing. If I didn't glue it properly the pages would be ruined and wouldn't be useful. I was successful in my goal and was very happy that the book was finally coming together. The next steps will be to put in the pages that will help hold the book together and then I will be done with the construction of the hardcover book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment