Monday, May 12, 2014

may 12

Today I wanted to get as many pages cut and sized for my book as possible. I wasn't sure how many I would be able to cut at the beginning of class because I was very unsure of how things would go. I managed to get all of the pages cut and ready to put in the book. I was very satisfied with the work I had accomplished in the given time. Outside of class I managed to piece all of the pages together. This process was very time consuming and tedies. Bending every page evenly so that I could get a sturdy spine of a book was frustrating but worth it when I was finished. When all of the pages were together I realized I had miscalculated the page length and about an inch of pages stuck out from the cover. This was very discouraging after spending an hour simply glueing and piecing together the pages. I then attempted to trim the pages and recreate the spine of the book. This took another hour because I then had to re-glue the ages together. I repeated this twice more before finally getting the length and results I wanted. I noticed that I wasn't very satisfied with the amount of work I put in and the result. I felt like I should have been left with more and that I should have been more resourceful and productive. I feel I should have done more research in order for me to be properly organized and prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment